Balsa & Tissue 1/32ish P2V Neptune from the '70s?

OK, for some reason this came into my mind. ISTR seeing in ads or catalogs a large Neptune, around 1/32 from balsa & tissue back in the
'70s. Early - mid '70s. I did a Google & didn't find any info, so, do any of y'all happen to remember anything like this?

I ~think~ that you're talking about a Gillows kit. I seem to remember seeing one hanging at my local brick and morter back in the day. You might want to check out ePay to see if there are any there.
Give them a try, maybe they're still available, or they might know a source. http://www.guillow.com /
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/group/rec.models.scale / More information at http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/faq.html
I had checked ePay already, I'll check with Guillow's to see if I'm remembering wrong....

I believe I am familiar with all the old Guillows kits. My first completed stick model was a Guillows. I do not remember a Neptune. Guillows and Comet were the two major mfgs of these kits, but there were innumerable other, smaller mfgs. So it is indeed likely that there were kits, but I suspect it was from one of these smaller, maybe even local, mfgs. There IS a neat web site for old balsa models, but I cannot seem to find it at the moment.
There is also a Yahoo group for Guillows models. I would join it temporarily and ask about the kit. Even if it was not a Guillows, these folks are stick model afficienados, and may remember it.
I almost think it was a Comet kit. I've had their A-26 kit for years, waiting the right urge to build it.

Build it! That was a very nice kit- I have built it.