Battle of Midway

I hit a Best Buy the other day and they had a bin of cheap DVD's and among them was the Discovery Channel's program on the Midway Action. If you are looking for reference material this has some beautiful clips if you have a dvd player that will allow still views. There is one of a couple of Vought SB2U's taking off from Midway that is a beautiful example of faded Non-Specular Blue-Gray. And another shot of a B-17 taking off painted in that Hawaiian Air Depot 3 tone upper surface scheme. In this particular shot it looks more like 4 color. Too bad someone at the depot didn't think of us and record what they did for posterity. DVD Videao #82 143, by Delta Entertainment Corp.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

best buy has a cheapo bin? is that near the rebate scam section?

The one near me here in Baltimore has a section marked "$10 and under" with all kinds of DVD's . It pays to dig though it every now and again.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

never noticed one here..but i'll look.

They seem to have a couple for DVDs - I've seen one for $5.99 (or $7.99) and one for $10 and under - they seem to move them around. I've seen them in the DVD section, by the music section, and up by the registers.

Sounds like I'll have to take another trip....

Reply to
EGMcCann