Beechcraft Starship models?

Does anyone know if there's any models of this sweet thing? Just saw a pic and wow.......

RobG (the Aussie one)

I'm now heading in a completely new direction......

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Execuform & Contrail, IIRC, 1/72 vacs.

Reply to
famvburg

One of the most tragic things about this airplane is Raytheon Aircraft is in the prodess of getting as many of these planes back as possible (the goal is all of them)with the intent of destroying them. Infact they have already sent some. The company I work for owns one and I don't know how long we will be able to support it.

Mike

Reply to
MQM-107

snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (MQM-107) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

WHY?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

because Beech leased them by telling the buyers that they would support and supply parts as long as they were in service. They did not lease enough of them to support the fleet. so it is cheaper to scrap them. The few that were sold outright, are trying to be bought back by Beech. 2 Starships are going to be preserved in museums. Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

Too bad, but it doesn't surprise me. Field repairs to the airframe were/are a major ordeal, not just "put a patch on it"! Still a sharp design tho. As an aside, IIRC, some former USSR mfr. proposed, years ago, a canard pusher COIN a/c that looked a whole lot like a Starship with a single pusher turboprop & maybe an Alph Jet type forward fuselage. I have a spare Starship in the stash for just such a kitbash.

Reply to
famvburg