Best Kit Manufacturer ?

Airfix, Revell, etc

What do ya think ?

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

If we're talking purely plastic kits, I'd have to say that Tamiya would have to be right up there for car kits as well as others. Trumpeter are starting to get a great name as well. I love the old Fujimi enthusiast kits as well as the old accurate miniatures car kits (they only made a few)

Reply to
Peter

Roden for subject matter, detail quality and a good yearly new release rate.

Tamiya for just plain great quality models.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Planet resin.

Best subject selection, beautiful quality. I have here a XF-91 Thunderceptor, and it's a beauty :-)

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

revellogram,,,,,,,,,,,most bang for the buck! probably got more people started in the hobby than all the rest put together!

Reply to
KONDA24

renwal... nuff said...

Reply to
PrksKtKt

Artiplast!

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

And what lunatic asylum did you escape from?

*"Rainman" mode on*

Hasegawa...definitely Hasegawa...

*"Rainman" mode off*

Plenty of excellent subjects (if a bit on the pricey side); and, other than some of their earlier molds, excellent quality.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Accurate Miniatures brought me back into modelling. They have my vote.

Reply to
David Pennington

Fine Molds. Some of the best WW2 tanks made as well as superb Star Wars models.

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

IMHO (in descending order): Overall: Tamiya Accurate Miniatures Revellogram (Especially in the last couple of years) Hasegawa Academy Airfix Eduard (tied with Airfix) Fujimi Hobbycraft Heller ESCI Italeri (tied with ESCI) Just my $.02

Reply to
Don McIntyre

I don't really think it's that easy. Some manefacturers have strong sides in one kind of kits and others excell in another line, byt also the age of the moulds matters. Revell has some exelent new kits, while some of their older oner are not quite as good, and so has Hasegawa and the others.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Much appreciated, i was kind of looking for a list, guess i should have said (sorry) :-|

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

Merlin!

P.S. I have a thing for kits others hate,can you tell? :-D

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Feh!

Merlin is too easy a choice--great subject matter and one step removed (in the wrong direction) from scratch-building. As in, use the kit (and maybe a few of the bits and decals) as inspiration--throw way the big pieces. For a realllly good kit, try Mach 2. Even at $70/pop, you get many, many, many hobby hours per money spent, because they too have great subject matter and abysmal production values, but the kits are bigger, just barely buildable, and (if you manage to finish one, or even if you don't), the stories you will have to tell! Compare with Tamiya: "I shook the box, opened it, put the finished model on the table, won first in category at the Nationals." Everyone else is already snoring.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

never seen me build a Tamiya kit then! ;-)

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Merlin is for model-builder-geek-p_ssies!

VEEDAY!!!

Reply to
Greg Heilers

In no preferential order:

Poste Militaire Andrea Pegaso Warriors Shenandoah

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Combat Models! Built straight out of the box too...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Ironically, my first vac-form that I *finished*, was the Combat 1/72 ME-163A (ex-Airmodel?). Actually, one of the best kits for an "introduction" to vac-forms.

Reply to
Greg Heilers