Best Kit Manufacturer ?

Airfix, Revell, etc
What do ya think ?
Zardos

--
The all singing all dancing
Crap of the world !
If we're talking purely plastic kits, I'd have to say that Tamiya would have to be right up there for car kits as well as others. Trumpeter are starting to get a great name as well. I love the old Fujimi enthusiast kits as well as the old accurate miniatures car kits (they only made a few)

Roden for subject matter, detail quality and a good yearly new release rate.
Tamiya for just plain great quality models.
Tom
Planet resin.
Best subject selection, beautiful quality. I have here a XF-91 Thunderceptor, and it's a beauty :-)
Wulf
Eyeball2002308 wrote:

And what lunatic asylum did you escape from?
*"Rainman" mode on*
Hasegawa...definitely Hasegawa...
*"Rainman" mode off*
Plenty of excellent subjects (if a bit on the pricey side); and, other than some of their earlier molds, excellent quality.
--
Edwin

(Remove "DIESPAMDIE!")
revellogram,,,,,,,,,,,most bang for the buck! probably got more people started in the hobby than all the rest put together!
renwal... nuff said...
Artiplast!

Accurate Miniatures brought me back into modelling. They have my vote.

IMHO (in descending order): Overall: Tamiya Accurate Miniatures Revellogram (Especially in the last couple of years) Hasegawa Academy Airfix Eduard (tied with Airfix) Fujimi Hobbycraft Heller ESCI Italeri (tied with ESCI) Just my $.02
I don't really think it's that easy. Some manefacturers have strong sides in one kind of kits and others excell in another line, byt also the age of the moulds matters. Revell has some exelent new kits, while some of their older oner are not quite as good, and so has Hasegawa and the others.
--

Claus Gustafsen
Strandby Denmark
On 8 Oct 2004 06:27:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Don McIntyre) wrote:

Much appreciated, i was kind of looking for a list, guess i should have said (sorry) :-|
Zardos
--
The all singing all dancing
Crap of the world !
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote:

Feh!
Merlin is too easy a choice--great subject matter and one step removed (in the wrong direction) from scratch-building. As in, use the kit (and maybe a few of the bits and decals) as inspiration--throw way the big pieces. For a realllly good kit, try Mach 2. Even at $70/pop, you get many, many, many hobby hours per money spent, because they too have great subject matter and abysmal production values, but the kits are bigger, just barely buildable, and (if you manage to finish one, or even if you don't), the stories you will have to tell! Compare with Tamiya: "I shook the box, opened it, put the finished model on the table, won first in category at the Nationals." Everyone else is already snoring.
Mark Schynert
(Eyeball2002308) wrote:

never seen me build a Tamiya kit then! ;-)
Eyeball2002308 wrote:

Merlin is for model-builder-geek-p_ssies!
VEEDAY!!!
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - SlackWare 10.0
Eyeball2002308 wrote:

Ironically, my first vac-form that I *finished*, was the Combat 1/72 ME-163A (ex-Airmodel?). Actually, one of the best kits for an "introduction" to vac-forms.
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.0

Same thing, except when they changed their name to Merlin the quality got progresively worse. They also used the name Valhala toward the end of their reign of terror.
Roden started as Toko. Their quality improved as they gained experience. The reason that I like them best is a combination of subject matter, quality and price. They are a good example of a company that doesn't have to rape your wallet to give you a nice kit.
Tom
Maiesm72 wrote:

Really? I was unaware of the link....
Hmmmm...did they *really* get worse, than this Veeday Yak-15, I am at this moment fondling, out of nostalgia? Interesting, it seems to be made from some obscure, vegetable-ish plastic, with is turnip-ish color....
(Perhaps...a solution to the questions posed by the "oil shortage" thread...lol)