Black Box cockpit set for F4U

The ad says cockpit set for F4U-1 by Trumpeter. I'm not a corsair expert - would this also work for the F4U-4 - Korean War use or were there significant differences. Since both have been on the Market a while - I would have suspected that if the sets were different BB would have released both.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

The -4 cockpit was fairly different in that it had a proper floor and side consoles instead of just the foot trays and gear stuck directly to the sidewalls of the -1. In short, very little of the -1 set would be usable in the -4. The only reason BB was able to release a set for the -1 so quickly is that they already did a cockpit for the Revell kit. The "new" cockpit is just a reissue of the old set with some pieces "tweaked" to fit the Trumpeter kit.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams