Can somebody suggest better airbrush for camo?

I have not yet done any freehand camo. But I don't expect any troubles since I've practiced drawing fine lines under low pressure and had no issues doing so even with the medium needles/tips.

Reply to
John McGrail

Thank you to everybody who spent the time to advise me. I'm starting to second-guess my Craftsman regular that goes up to 120+ pounds...it doesn't show 1 lb. increments. Thanks, Bert and Dave. I'm using a size 3, never tried the others. Thanks for the Badger links, I'm going to check 'em out. Thank you as well Serge for mentioning the gravity-feed. That makes simple sense, actually.

Reply to
Eric Bragas

on 3/14/2008 12:53 PM Eric Bragas said the following:

Check the Badger 360. The paint feeder rotates 360º so that it can be used as a gravity feed or siphon feed.

Reply to
willshak

I have the same airbrush. I like it but freehand camo is indeed difficult (for me), even with a #1 tip/needle. I think the real issue here is gravity feed vs. suction feed. From reading this group (and other sources), I get the impression that gravity fed brushes can sustain lower air pressures and hence can be more accurate for fine detail. I've been thinking of getting either a badger or iwata gravity- fed brush...

-- david

Reply to
David Young

in article snipped-for-privacy@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, David Young at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 3/15/08 1:23 PM:

At the risk of repeating myself, try your airbrush with a HIGHER pressure and less thinner. You'll be able to get paint flow with the needle less retracted (thus finer line) and less risk of spatters. Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss

I'll try that. Thanks much.

-- david