czech plane

I have an obscure kit from an obscure czech manufacturer. The kit is fairly simple, although it's gonna need a lot of work, not to mention searching for new decals, the ones that came with it are so yellow it's hard to believe. Then again, there's no date on the box, but I imagine this particular kit was boxed somewhere in the 70s, judging from the box. All well, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the colors. I found exactly one decent photograph with google, and the kit instructions (also on yellowed paper), mention "drak green" and "pale blue". Now the blue isn't too much of a problem, the photo I have is pretty clear on it, I do have a problem with the green. Is their "dark green" the same as ModelMaster "dark green"? Does anyone know what dark green was used by the czechoslovakian air force in the 50s? The photograph I found is available at

- even though the green there looks more greyish to me, but that could be just me.

Reply to
Nemesis

Uzytkownik "Nemesis" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... It's Aero C3A, czech version of german Siebel Si-204D. Colors also could be from german sources, but i'm not sure.

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

If it's the Aero C-3 you're working on like the photo then it's probably a K-P (Kovozavody Prostejov, or recently, KoPro) kit. They aren't too obscure anymore. As to the colour, I've used Pactra's Forest Green which is close to

34079 in the past. I'm not sure if it's accurate as the colour is supposed to be more like a dark khaki but it was what I had at the time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak