Devotine D-520

Hi all, I'm not to familiar with french colours, but I just got an Azur Devotine in 1:32 - (nice kit) but the mention an interior colour of "Midnight Blue" that doesn't ring any bells with me, nor does the other language names or the paint number. Is it a dark blue, and did the really use that? - also looking for info on wheelwell colour - greyis primer?

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Claus:

The blue reference for the cockpit is correct. The Azur kit looks like they pantographed up the Tamiya 1/48 Dewoitine. If I remember correctly the wheel wells are a color called "Chamois" which is a cream color. For the cockpit blue, I used a half and half mix of U.S.Navy Medium Blue and Dark Sea Blue. You can accentuate the detail with a wash of Dark Sea Blue and some drybrushing with the medium blue.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey