Detailing a Ho-229

I just got a 1/72 Ho-229 by Pioneer Models of Turkey, and need to detail it. The out of the box front engine intakes are of suspect shape, and the rear turbines totally lack any detail. Are there any good walkaround sites for this plane?

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

Unfortunately, I believe the only surviving example of this aircraft is still 'awaiting restoration' (i.e. rotting) at the National Air and Space Museum. At least it's indoors now.

If you don't mind me asking, why go for this kit rather than the excellent RoG kit?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

I haven't been able to find the RoG kit anywhere, and the Dragon one is OOP.

"Matt" wrote:

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

I'd be happy to find any of them...squadron and my other favorite places are sold out...where is the Pioneer kit(or any of them)currently available?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

In Singapore. -_- Rather overpriced at US$10.

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

I saw it one of the last times I was there, and you would be suprised that it is not as bad off as you might think. Some of the wood has rotted, but I would say that 95% of the fuesladge in complete, and intact. Original colors and markings are still bright, and not faded as much as I would have thought. Got some good 35 mm pic's at the time.

Azzz1588

The price would be ok with me,I'd just like to find it someplace in the US (Thanks anyhow)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m14.aol.com:

According to the latest Squadron flyer, they have some of the PM version. This is the same as Pioneer. For around half that price.

Reply to
Peter Baxter

Address to Ramses Montes, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com He built one with photoetched etc taht is one of the best models I've ever seen. Jose

Reply to
Dr. Jose M. Paliza

Everytime in the past year I tried squadron,I am told its out of stock.The same with all the PM kits from them. I should mention it's just about the only times I've ever been dissapointed with their service.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Sadly, the colours and markings aren't original. I believe it was re-painted after reaching the US, including, ironically, the addition of the large white outline Swastikas.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

My suggestion is: Build the Pioneer as a flying desktop model, but look for the RoG Ho-229 (e-bay, maybe?) if you want to build a good representation of the airplane. It may be pretty expensive to ship to Singapore, though.

The Pioneer Ho-229 has a lot of problems. The intake scoop area is wrong, the shape of the nose is off, the engine area, especially the exhaust, is suspect. The exhaust "onions" are too conical. No cockpit to speak of. The canopy is funny.

For pictures of the real Ho-IX, here's a link:

Dan Johnson's
has a section on the Horten planes, but no pictures of the Ho229:

Frank

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

It looks like the Dragon Ho-229 kits may be re-released soon. Greatmodels.com has both of them listed as "Taking Pre-orders". I've noticed a lot of older Dragon kits being re-released recently. An example is their Panzer IV and Stug III kits that have recently shown up in my local shop again.

So... give it a m>>

Reply to
Barry

You mean funny, like a clown??

Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

The Dragon/DML kit is in 1/48 and comes with its own rather large bag of problems. The original poster was asking about the Pioneer 1/72 kit and the much better Revell of Germany 1/72 kit.

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

More like "funny, this doesn't look at all like an Ho229 canopy" or funny like "hahaha you gotta be kidding - THAT's the canopy?"

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

Reply to
Barry