New Bf 109 HA1119 "Buchon" from Acadmey in 1/72nd scale

Coming in September (2005?)

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

Doh!

Make that a HA1112

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

Great, what scale?

Alastair Macfarlane

"Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit" wrote >>

Gondor

U¿ytkownik "Gondor" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:cnojhr$t8p$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

They say it's 1/72, but I suspect error, and it's 1/48, previously from Hobbycraft. Pity, but I'm currently making one from scratch.

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

The title of the thread says it quite plainly!

Craftsman scale! 1/72nd scale of course!

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

Unfortunately it IS in 1/48, old Hobbycraft, look here:

it's similar error here:

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

Wouldn't it be easier to use the KP kit? Although I don't know about availability of it right now. Not a bad little kit IIRC.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Wouldn't one of the limited run kits be easier?

Reply to
frank may

The KP kit is the Avia S199, not the Hispano...

Reply to
Jeff C

Uzytkownik "frank may" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Maybe, but they aren't available, and it's not difficult using me-109 and Spitfire kits. You can see it (among others) here:

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

The 1/48th kit with that box art is already out. I saw it at my local hobby shop. Scott There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."

Reply to
SnJmodprod

Isn't the KP kit only the CS199?I'd think that would be a harder conversion then using a 109G. Pegasus makes (or made?) a Buchon.Not too bad if you can find it,a little crude and can use some details added from a good 109 or aftermarket.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

If you can find the Pegasus Buchon, the conversion of an Academy or Hasgawa Bf 109G to the Ha.1112M appears relatively straightforward, by simply swapping the Pegasus engine installation. Of course, you still have to fiddle withthe wings because of the cannon instalation, but that's minor in comparison with getting a decent-looking Merlin engine attached to a '109.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

One of the Classic Planes or whomever kits wouldn't be easier the scratching?

Reply to
frank may

Actually, the whole Pegasus kit isn't bad at all. It could use a bit of help in the cockpit and a vac canopy but the rest of it looks right when finished.

Reply to
Jeff C

The Classic Plane injection molded Ha.1109 and Ha.1112 are the best in 1/72 scale.

The RS Models kits of the Avia S.199 are the best bet in 1/72. Seperate kits of the Czech and Israeli variants are available. I have been accumulating decals, detail parts, etc. for the Israeli variant. Tally Ho has just come out wth seperate sets of stencil markings for each kit along with Czech and Israeli sheets (seperate) for 1/72 and 1/48.

Next year for sure!!!

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

KP makes both S-199s and CS-199s, or single- and two-seat versions respectively. They make for a fun variation. I agree on the Pegasus kit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

A HA-1112 injected kit in 1/72 is available from Classic Plane in Germany. I regularly have some for sale on eBay. The make both the single seater and the two seater. They also have a HA-1109 kit in

1/72.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

DOH! Don't I feel silly now?!? I saw "Hispano" and brain immediately went to S.199!

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Maiesm72 vient de nous annoncer :

I have some photos of Buchons. If someone need them, don't hesitate to contact me.

Reply to
Flying Frog