(AIR) Monogram He-111

Hi Troops:

I've seen several adds for the 1/48 Monogram/Revell He-111 and I assumed it was simply a re-release of the kit we have seen for several years. Now I see an add which says "new tool". Anybody have an idea what is going on here?? Different variant or a fix for the wing surface or what??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

didn't the squadron flyer say re-released?

Yes! But other sites are saying "new tool".

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Somehow, I can't see Revellogram putting out the bucks to replace tooling on a relatively new kit like their 111. Now, if they were doing a pencil-nose version...

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Pencil nose conversion is coming from Dave Klaus' people at Meteor Productions. Also appropriate decals. By the time you are done, there is probably more resin than styrene. :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

The CE He111 pencil nose conversions and decals have been out for some time now.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Quite true. I've never heard the early versions referred to as "pencil noses." It more closely resembles a car body; said term also used to refer to early diesel trains.

The re-issue of the He-111 contains a new decal scheme, one with yellow cowls that looks quite nice. Anybody got one open so we can see if the other schemes are re-issues?

Was there something wrong with the He-111 kits' wing? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Keeper, I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about serious wing problems with Mongram's kit. I do know for the earlier versions, the wing had a straight leading edge compared to the later aircraft's elliptical wing. (Or did I get it backwards?)

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Yeah, the early versions had the elliptical wing; which was a pain to manufacture. The later versions went to a straight leading edge. I've got an issue of Military Aircraft Preview where the reviewer mentions a couple of blemishes on the wing surface that need to be attended to but as far as I can see the wing planform is accurate. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

The MAP reviewer did not say there was a problem with the wing planform. He DID state that there was an unevenness (bulge) on the top suface of one (maybe both)of the wings. I have that mag but unfortunately cannot dig it out at the moment to give a ver batim response. He did say the bulge could be knocked down with some sanding. Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
M Bryant

in article Z3lpd.96505$5K2.82309@attbi_s03, M Bryant at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 11/25/04 7:26 AM:

There was a problem with the "valley" formed by the dihedral shift just behind each engine nacelle. One, the right I believe, was more pronounced than the other and had a "lumpy" area off to the side. A little sanding with

400 grit and some filler took care of the problem. This was on my sample which was one of the early issues. I don't remember any other so called problems. It was a very simple and easy fix.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell