(air) Revell/Monogram Curtiss P-40E?

Hi Troops:

I saw a list of future releases that stated there is a P-40E from Revell/Monogram on the way. Anybody know what molds these might be? That ancient Revell set re-incarnated again??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Reply to
Bossarnold

I remember that "ancient Revell" model with fondness. It was a very nice and fun build. Oh the air battles that plane fought in the living room and in my bedroom! My days as a gallant member of the Flying Tigers are only surpassed by my memories of being a B-17 pilot (Revell) a B-24 pilot (Revell) various WWII fighter pilots (Monogram). Ahhh yes, the 99 cent model.

Reply to
John X. Volker

Revellogram did an appreciable amount of work in the early nineties to that mold so they could release it in the ProModeler series; inlcuding wheel well interior. It's worth $15-20 in the Pro box so you'll get a deal with a new release. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Thanks for the feedback!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

If you mean the 1/72 kit that was one of my first deliberately bought in that scale. It came in the little box with the red end and the neat-o boxart and was a whopping 50¢ in '64 at my friendly McCrory's. I still like the model and have one (from a later, more expensive batch) on the shelf in OD with red, white and blue stars. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller