Disassembling a kit

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have an old Revell Destroyer kit from 1953 that I want to disassemble. What is the best way to do this? It is unpainted, but was very sloppily glued together.

Please email me any suggestions you might have.

Thanks in advance,

Bill K. ( snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net)

Reply to
rensark01

Bill - If the glue used is ordinary tube glue, simple flexing with an X-Acto knife might be able to do the trick. I recently disassembled an old Revell XSL-01 for reassembly. The old glue was dried out and the pieces came apart easily. Just remember to do it gently, take your time and make sure the pieces don't go flying! HTH

-- John

Reply to
Old Timer

i've had good luck freezing it brittle.