Early Spit Cockpit Colours

I'm in the process of converting the Tamiya 1/72 Spitfire Mk.Ia into an early production model using the Model Alliance Conversion Kit. Does anyone have any info/opinions on the colour of early production Spitfire cockpit interiors?

Model Alliance give it as "a bright 'apple green' colour close to FS34138 or Humbrol 131 Satin Mid Green" (the latter is no longer available). Yet I seem to remember Gerald Scarborough, in his 1970s book on modelling the 1/24 Airfix Spitfire, stating that it was a "sickly green" colour, similar to "eau-de-nil" (a near-Sky colour that was a popular decorating colour in the 1930s).

Reply to
john

All RAF cockpit interiors of that vintage were a standard "Aircraft Grey Green". Xtracrylix XA1010 and Xtracolor X010 are very good matches.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Reply to
john

According to both the Model Alliance instructions and Scarborugh the very early Spit cockpits, unlike those of other aircraft, were not painted Aircraft Grey Green (we're talking of around 1938-39 here). No one seems to know when the change over to the standard colour occurred, though.

Reply to
john