Testors 1/72 Spitfire Mk22

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tall me more about this kit that is not already on their web site, and that was hard to find just looking at the links, had to type Spitfire into the link.

Although its only 3.99 per copy, I dont want to go out and waits My time if its way out or not looking like the real thing.

I look forward to peoples comments

Regards

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

All I can remember about this kit is that is started life as a Hawk Co. kit, cost $0.29 and has no landing gear nor cockpit interior. The decals weren't very nice either. Now that said, the outline DOES look pretty good (I built this one a buncha years ago) and the landing gear can be brought in from another Spitefire and better decals can be purchased from after-market suppliers. And for $3.98, it'll hardly bust your wallet.

-- John

Reply to
Old Timer

ok, thanks for that info.

After reading up on the Hawk kit in Moddellers Datafile 5 The Supermarine Spitfire, Part 2: Griffon-Powered, I dont think I will bother, such a pity as converting other sorces would be less work by the look of things if it is the hawk kit than correcting that kits faults.

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Pretty nice outline. Even the trailing edges are surprisingly thin, for a one-piece molding. There is *no* landing gear, nor cockpit detail; and the surface is covered with lots of overscale rivets. Sand them down about

95%, and you can achieve a very nice flush-rivet surface, once painted. And the tail is the smaller-sized one. But for an ancient kit with only about 8 or 9 pieces, it is actually quite nice. I have seen a few were the builder scratched the cockpit, and even carved out wheel-wells....and it turned out quite nicely.
Reply to
Greg Heilers

Isn't its wing kinda thin?

Reply to