Eduard masks?

Eduard makes some fine etched products. However, I tried their 1/32 masks on the Trumpeter F4, and the masks weren't even close! Too wide in spots, too narrow in others, too short or long as well. Have others seen the same problems?

Masking is the least fun part of building planes- I've tried masking tape, Tamiya tape, frisket, magic tape, foil, and liquid masks, along with Parafilm, and none make the job easy. Now, the commercial ones from Eduard are just as bad, if not worse than all of the above.

Am I missing something?

Reply to
Viperdoc

Personally, I don't believe in commercial masks...I use Scotch tape, cut into small triangles - I mask starting from the corners outward. Results are ruler straight and razor sharp. And cheaper.

Reply to
Rufus

My guess is that Eduard runs hot and cold. Their masks for the Hasegawa 1/48 Stuka Ju-87B were perfect. Dick...

Reply to
Stepnfetchit