Elbow Grease Gloss

Don't know when they will show up, but I just sent/posted on alt.binaries.pictures.autos 10 pics of my red Cobra 427. I am still working on the Cobra , so you will notice that there are some parts missing. Primer is Tamiya light gray, about 2 coats. Red is Tamiya Italian red, more or less 5 coats. The shine is the result of about 5 hours of pure unadulterated elbow grease.

I bleached all chrome except the wheels. The bleached chromed parts were either painted semi-gloss black or covered with chrome bare metal foil, then polished with Tamiya rubbing and polishing compound.

I replaced the cheesy plastic exhaust pipes with home made aluminum tubing pipes.

Hope you like what you see.

Thanks,

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to