Enthusiasm Returnes.

I have just helped my better halfs 9 year old compleat his first kit, the Airfix Mk 1 Hurricane. He didn't paint the insides, never rubbed down a joint and used no filler on it at all. We got gluey finger prints on some bits and tomorrow he is going to paint it with the little pots of paint that they give you in the starter packs and then we will put the stickers on and then we will hanng it from the bedroom ceiling.I know that I enjoyed helping him build it and I know that he wants to build the Me 109 that came with the Hurricane.

The best thing is ,2 kits ,plus paint ,a paint brush and a tube of glue only cost him £4.99. At that price you just can't go wrong. Problem is now what do I do when he statts eyeing up my collection?

Reply to
Rory Manton

Problem is now what do I do when he statts eyeing up my collection?

Early inheritance?.Jose.

Reply to
Jose Altube

I was going through a period where nothing seemed to interest me and I thought I would maybe find a new hobby. Then one night several years ago my son and I sat down and over two nights built the Airfix 1/72 Corsair. Like you, there was no painting, no seam filling, nothing except applying decals. He was excited and I felt the little bug bite again that bit me when I was a kid. We next built a Monogram snap B-1 and B-25. I think I needed the break from the worries that something needed endless research, correct shades of chromate etc. The building was just fun, period! I am eager to do many projects again and my son discovered he likes car models. I laugh at this cause dad has a basement full of airplanes :-)).

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Lock, key... Or find some (that aren't limited-run kits, that he could actually put together) that you'll never build, and tell him "Have fun."

Or help him start his own "collection."

Reply to
EGMcCann

That's why I try to knock out an OOB every once in a while. Something that's interesting, but not a passion, or maybe just a really well engineered kit - gives a new lease to modelling life. Also a chance to try new techniques etc.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg