F-16 Maintenance Walkaround Online

Just in time to detail the various bays of the fantastic Tamiya 1/32 F-16, here is a photo walk around of several unbuttoned Vipers for your reference. Check it out at Cybermodeler Online

Michael Benolkin

Yeah, I know...and probably across the spine as well...but if you'd ever stood in the empty engin bay of an F-16 after having stood in the empty engine bay or worked on the fuel cells of any other modern jet aircraft you'd probably be prone to asking the same question...

And as far as I know, nobody burns JP-5 any more.

Reply to
Rufus

Thing -- what THING!!!? >> you mean as in the F-16!! JP5 Jet fuel is pumped into the main wings - atleast two tanks one in each wing - as do most if not all fixed wing aircraft!!!

BBA

Reply to
Billy Bad Assr©

and how many x the kit cost are the detail sets?

Back in the day, I slept in the intake of an A7 many times! - Grin - good hiding place! as well as a great place if you don't want to be disturbed!

oh -- guess I'm behind the times -- been a long time since I been around those smelly noisy things -- YuK

BBA

Reply to
Billy Bad Assr©

Till somebody stuffs an intake screen over you and yells - "start her up"...don't ask...

It's JP-8 now...at least in Navy circles. I think commecial Jet-A is still on par with JP-5...though I'm not up on commercial ops.

Jet noise...it's a beautiful thing.

Reply to
Rufus