F-9F-5 ejection seat: colors???

Hi all,

I'm doing the Monogram F-9F-5 Panther and I have a question about the ejection seat.

The kit instructions say to paint the whole thing aluminum. Can this be correct? I've searched the net for photos but have had no luck.

Anybody know what this seat should look llike? Photos anywhere? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Weasel

Reply to
Weasel

Check the Ejection Site... If you haven't allready.

Rich

Actually I did, but the F9F seat shown there looks nothing like the kit seat. Thanks.

Weasel

Reply to
Weasel

That seat pictured on the site is an MB seat which would be a much later retrofit. The Panthers came with a Grumman designed seat (which don't seem to be listed on the site).

Reply to
Charles Jones