FA: Airfix Fokker Friendship in Aer Lingus markings complete & Others

The title says it all, being posted for a friend who does not understand Newsgroups.

Please See

He has a lot of models from a house clearance from a passed away relative, and we believe the highlight is the Fokker Frienship in Air Lingus colours. He was told it's extremly rare as Aer Lingus are not more and it was certainly the pride of the collection,

It's believed to be complete and untouched as a kit, although some parts have come away from the moulding supports. It has untouched decals, the instructions sheet , and in a pretty good shape box

See

Thanks

Reply to
Gavin

Have you told Aer Lingus this

? They might be surprised :-)

David

Reply to
David Pennington

Aer Lingus is going through hard timers, as are most air carriers...but they are very much alive. But, even if they *were* "no more"...how does that affect a model? A model done in Braniff, or Eastern, liveries...is no "rarer", nor more valuable, than one done in American or Southwest Airlines.

Aahhh....is their anything *more* eye catching than a Constellation in the classic Aer Lingus markings?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

How about an old (I think) Lockheed Electra in Mohawk Airlines (precurser to USAir) or a 1:72 Nihon YS-11 in Ozark Airlines colors?

The Old Timer

I think that *anything* in the Ozark livery, particularly the light "teal-ish" green...is spectacular. That is even one of my "Top Three" choices, for when I get ready to paint my Minicraft DC-3. Southern Airways, and Bonanza, being the others.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Erm OK my mistake, I was just typing what I was told, I'm not a model person

Sorry for any confusino I caused

Reply to
Gavin

No probs. In amongst all of the US based political rows going on here, something that raises a smile is always good.

Reply to
David Pennington

Well this will be the last comment, but the mate is putting more kits up, a believed to be early 60's.

Ok I'm saying believed I've no idea to be honest, the boxes are old but we could not find a date on anything.

If you are looking for old kits please take a look.

Thanks

Reply to
Gavin