FAA Aircraft of 60 - 70's

I have actually managed to find most of the types in 1/72 (but almost totally frog or airfix) on EBay. As mentioned, the issue is going to be the transfers (sorry Decals :-). My guess is that these are going to be an issue due to age and most of them are not replaceable - or at least I can't find them at Hannants :-(

I have been concentrating on 1/48 lately but today spent the day with my grandson on 1/72 - him making an Italieri Phantom and me making a Revell P47. It was great fun and somewhat more productive than, say, an Accurate Miniatures B25 or the current kit - an ASR Sea King to match the local mob at Wattisham in 1/48 where it seems to take a pot of paint to paint anything and 50 hours to get close to finish - I haven't actually tried 'finish' yet.

So I may well take up these EBay FAA topics and then struggle for transfers afterwards. At least I will start to get what I want.

Thanks for all the pointers.

David

Reply to
David Pennington

Manually piling them in the bedroom?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Re the Magna Models resin kits. I haven't seen them either, but Mike McEvoy of Scale Aircraft Modelling reckons they're pretty fine.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

One box of models or books at a time! Finished at 2300 last night. Still had to move stuff from the sides to the driveway when the guy got here. Can't believe that one guy does the whole thing. Amazing.

Got nasty with the pile of stuff. Twelve boxes of sheets, blankets, hats, kitchen stuff and the like to Goodwill today. Huge pile of stuff to the curb for pickup. Very fortunate that today was a quarterly junk pickup.

Found books, magazines and models that I had been looking for over the past few years, so it was all worth it.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

The new garage door s great. It even opens and closes, something which the old one hadn't done in years.

Timing was perfect as it started raining today.

Found several boxes of excess books. Shall list them here soon.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72