FOLLOW UP ::OT: A fellow club member needs your help

(This is Carla again)
I just wanted to let everyone know that I printed out all of your "well
wishes" and went to see my dad in the hospital this evening. He was so
moved by all the wonderful thoughts and prayers, they brought a smile to
his face (and warmed my heart), he said he misses all of you guys. He
wanted me to let you all know, as he lie in bed, he is pondering all new
and improved ways to use left-over gift wrapping for modelling purposes
(atleast he still has his sense of humor)...lol.
I also wanted to thank each and everyone of you for being so kind. I
appreciate all of you taking time to wish my dad well.
I want to wish Justin well and I will keep him in my thoughts and
prayers.
" Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !!"
-Carla-
Reply to
cyberborg 4000
Carla,
On a lighter note, tell Carl to forget about modeling uses of gift wrap and to start squirreling away all the neat things useful in modeling one finds in a hospital - scalpels, assorted tapes, syringe needles, clamps, face masks, compressed gas bottles, etc.
My last hospital stay increased my modeling skills and tools inventory while decreasing the hospital's bottom line.
;-)
Art
Reply to
Art Murray
Now I've got a picture of Carl sitting up in his hospital bed with a splitter valve on an oxygen tank. One for his airbrush, and one for his face mask (against the fumes, dontchaknow).
Reply to
Jack Bohn
(this is Carla) Art, it's funny you should say that...I have already come home with 2 small bags full of tiny medicine cups, larger ones (so he can mix his paints), syringe covers, the clips from "IV's", suture needles, clamps, long tweezers, surgical scissors and other various medical tools and ordinarily tossed out plastic medical instuments. LOL...LOL
Carla
Reply to
cyberborg 4000
Carla
Thanks very much for the good wishes for Justin. Surgery is Friday, home right after. One of us has to be at arm's reach for the first week, less after that for a month or so.
He (we) have a stack of movies and a stack of books for the duration. People from the temple are bringing meals by the first few days. By the second or third day he'll be dong jigsaw puzzles and the like. One is an airshow puzzle with 1000 pieces.
Thanks again for the good wishes. Let us know when Carl gets home.
Tom
Reply to
maiesm72
" snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
Best to you and your family for the coming surgery.
Frank
Reply to
Gray Ghost
Tom,
Wishing Justin and your family all the best.
Art
Reply to
Art Murray
Carla,
Don't forget to boil 'em! :-)
Art
Reply to
Art Murray
I'm late to the party, but please extend my best wishes to your dad and your entire family. I hope he's feeling better and kicking up megabytes with us again soon.
WmB
Reply to
WmB
me also, best wishes.