Found out what I did wrong

Hi all - A couple of weeks ago, I posted for help concerning making my own decals using Experts-Choice Decal Film and Microscale Liquid Decal Film. I had done this last September and had no problems whatsoever. The last batch from a couple of weeks ago, however, came out looking like crap, all puckered and orangepeel. Talking to a clerk at my local hobby shop, Niagara Hobby and Craftmart (free plug!), we came to the conclusion that the problem might have been weather-related. Two nights ago, I printed another batch of the decals and instead of going out to the workshop , I brought the liquid into the house. After it warmed to room temperature, I coated the sheet as per directions. and let it dry on the mantle by the wood-burner. Yesterday, I was able to give it two more coats and today, the sheet looks perfect. So temperature seems to be the key. Keep it fairly warm and it's a go. Regards, -- John

Reply to
The Old Man