Gato ... nice. But how about a Sturgeon class sub ?

I was at Hobby lobby the other day and finnally got my hands on a

1/72 Revell Gato kit. But all I did was look at the kit ... not buy it. ( Funny I delivered the first 53 ft. trailer load of these kits to Squadron months ago ). For some reason I can't get all excited about a WW2 diesel electric sub. Anyway I was thinking ... wouldnt a 1/72 scale Sturgeon Class nuke sub be pretty cool in this scale ? I've always thought the Sturgeon class subs had that right ' look ' . The shape of the hull and sail ... and the way the sail is close to the bow. Real cool looking. Much better looking than Los Angeles class subs IMHO. Besides ... the Sturgeons were the ' working horse ' subs of the cold war.

Chris

Reply to
CCBlack

From a historical viewpoint, Skipjack or Nautilus would be interesting in 1/72 also.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

That would be interesting. I could see the sci-fi guys getting their hands on it to make a DY-100 out of Star Trek.

Reply to
The Old Man