OA-4M Armament

I'm finishing up the old Monogram OA-4M. It comes with two fuel tanks, some
bombs, and a couple of missiles (apparently Shrikes). I know the tanks are
appropriate, but what about the bombs and missiles? Most of the pictures
I've seen show a third tank or nothing on the centerline pylon, and empty
outer wing pylons. I found a website where a retired pilot mentioned firing
Zunis, so I'm tempted to use the LAU-10's from the Hasegawa weapens set for
the outer wing pylons. Anybody have anything more solid in the way of
information?
Thanks.
Pip Moss
Reply to
Pip Moss
Pip Moss wrote in news:C2CEA371.1AA8E% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:
Pip,
From what I found in my documentation: The OA-4M retained the same attack capabilities as the TA-4F it was converted from. It would therefore be safe to assume that it was *able* to carry and deliver any weapen the TA-4F was cleared for. On the other hand, the OA-4M was used in the "fast FAC" role, which would mean only unguided rockets were ever caried. None of my references show any other loadout then two underwing droptanks, sometimes combined with an underbelly droptank. On the internet I couldn't find any evidence to sugest otherwise. As a matter of fact, I could'nt even find mention of the OA-4M ever being used in a conflict.
A few years ago, I made the Hasegawa OA-4M in 1/32 scale. Have a look at:

Cheers,
Steven
Reply to
Steven
You can be safe in loading LAU-10's on your OA-4M
Reply to
Richard Goldsberry
It wasn't, although TA-4Fs were used as Fast FACs in the Vietnam conflict
Cheers,
Andre
Reply to
Andre van der Hoek