Gator Glue

I read on the Hyperscale message board about this stuff a while back for attaching photoetch stuff. I ordered from this guy 2 months ago along with some paint masks. Got the paint masks / it took over a month now here we are another month and no Gator Glue. Is this guy a rip off? Anyone have any experience with him?

Reply to
Count DeMoney

I've bought Gator Glue from him and got it promptly. The formulation in that first bottle was off, and he sent me a new bottle well within a week.

Did you contact him via his web page or via email? I had trouble with his contact form on the web page, but got an immediate response via email.

He also posts a lot on

Frank

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

Is this the same "Gator Glue" I find at my local hardware store?

Reply to
Richard Goldsberry

No ....... this stuff was formulated for superior attachment of Photo Etch Parts

Reply to
Count DeMoney

It works at attaching PE parts... but it's no CA! Despite what some reviews may have said (but never claimed by the manufacturer) the "stick" isn't instant and it takes a while to hold strongly. After that, it;'s a pretty strong, flexible hold. I don't know how good it would be at attaching a long length of springy brass railing; you would have to apply, wait for it to get tacky, position the railing, wait for it to hold and repeat.

I've used it to hold down PE grills on a tank and it worked great for that. Where it really excels is in tow areas that aren't even mentioned in reviews (that are mostly ship related): I used it to build up lengths of individual track links. It's fantastic for that, because you can wrap the track length around a drive wheel and it'll have just enough give.

I've also used it to make clear headlights. This is a headlight from an M113 kit. The interior was lined with BMF, then a drop of Gator Glue for the lens:

http://149.142.139.138/web/Images/E10/080325A.JPG The results were clearer than with just white glue and there was much less shrinkage the lens is still slightly convex.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

on 5/20/2008 7:24 AM Richard Goldsberry said the following:

Are you confusing it with Gorilla Glue?

Reply to
willshak

Gator - Gorilla, what's the difference...

Reply to
Richard Goldsberry

on 5/20/2008 4:46 PM Richard Goldsberry said the following:

You won't find a gorilla in the Florida wetlands.

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote: : : You won't find a gorilla in the Florida wetlands. : Well, you might, but between the gators and the constrictors, it won't last long.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden