[GEN] Hobby Lobby sale

The old gent next door left a '52 when he passed on and my dad bought it, traded it in on the '55 Buick I learned to drive on. I did get rides in the Chevy when I worked with the man in groundskeeping as a teen. I did 'enjoy' a stuck trans once. I was up above Harrisburg when my new (to me) '64 Polara stuck in 1st. That seemed long enough. Fortunately the 5/50 warranty was still in effect. The only other problem I had with it was a tendency to overheat.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Thanks for the heads-up:

I picked up a Minicraft Titanic yesterday for $40. Don't have any idea how good this kit is, but I've always wanted to do a model of the Titanic. I couldn't pass it up.

Regards, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man

Mine never overheated that I remember (grew up in Seattle) but it sure had a tendency to require a 'Rolling' start down the driveway in the mornings. If I shut it off on the flats and parked, I was SOL! But hey, for $25 w/ a hole in the block and $20 for another complete running motor in '66 I couldn't whine too much....... I was going to go camping at Baker Lake and had just gotten to the town of Concrete(WA) when she locked up in 1st. I finally got it into 2nd and thats how I drove it back to Seattle. Speed limit on the freeway was 70 then and here I am,

18 at the time, doing maybe 30 on the shoulder in this ugly 2 tone brown turd, with cheater street slicks on the back, holes drilled in the muffler and turned shackles on the rear - cuz it was cool............. John
Reply to
John DeBoo