[GEN] Lawyers Lay Waste to Military Models Industry

It depends on whether your family can prove you ever existed. :) Speaking of ID cards, I was a bit non-plussed to get a form for my mother's ID. It seems to have expired and they'd like more money for a new one. Somehow the idea of an ID that has expired seems out of kilter with reality. She still looks like the lady on the card; in fact she still IS the lady on the card. All in all, it seems to be just another way for the Commonwealth to separate her from some more of her money.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Assuming this wasn't due to exceptional legal skills on your part, this proves that in some parts of the world, their might still be some hope for "the rest of us". I fervently hope it will spread accross the world. In any case, congratulations.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Nah, it was the short skirt and the low-cut top that got the judges attention...

lol

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I seriously doubt it. ;-p

It was just a matter of studying the applicable Virginia and Arkansas laws, determining that the facts were on my side, and convincing the judge. The truth usually wins out - in my case my son had emancipated himself before he turned 18 and I was able to prove it.

Thanks! :)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Frank, that parallels what I've been thinking; we shouldn't blame the blood-sucking rat bastard leech lawyers for this. (sorry, Kaliste, I know there's a couple of good guys out there, but there's tons of bottom feeders too. look at that asshat Clark "defending" Hussein)

The problem child here -rather problem children- are the idiot bean counters who know more about "optimizing" income than running a business. Sure there's a healthy market for aircraft kits. It will stay that way until most companies get priced out of that market.

And (believe it or not) this part is slightly on topic: my first reaction to reading the article (I follow strategypage regularly) was: how will Trumpeter react? AFAIK, they're China-based, and the Chinese haven't exactly been proactive when it comes to respecting intellectual properties, if you catch my drift...

Reply to
Casey Tompkins

Reply to
Casey Tompkins

Quite apart from that, Hussein would stand a much better chance of going down in Arab mythos as a martyr if the soldiers had killed him. If the Iraqis try him (with whatever passes for due process there,) and then kill him, especially in light of the successful free elections there, his status will be much less compelling. Give him a fair trial, partisan attorney and all (that's what they're supposed to be when defending someone against the death penalty) and then hang him, shoot him, behead him--whatever the coup fatale du jour is.

Or, to put it in pejorative terms, ain't nothin' like a good show trial.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

We seem to think alike on many subjects, DC, but on this particular one, I can't agree. Even in this case, while they might have been able to "get away with it," they would still have had to live with it. I've seen the Elephant in four separate combat zones and have been in a similar circumstance in Vietnam. We ended up killing three NVA in an ambush. The fourth was on his knees on the trail with an Ak-47 about three feet from him. I went down to the trail and policed him up and had him helilifted back to the detention center. As I approached him, he just remained still there and made no move for the gun or anything else.

I could have killed him. No one would have said a word, not even the Marine's JA. But, if I had, it would be just one more demon to visit me in the night for the rest of my life. The soldiers who captured Saddam could have gotten away with killing him as well. They could have said "he went for his gun." There were no cameras down in that hole with the soldier that brought him out. However, that soldier would have known it was not true; he would have known he had just murdered someone and that's hard to live with.

There's so much unquestionably justifiable killing in any war; there's no need for a killing that's "on the line" or even just over it. I couldn't do it in my instance and the soldiers who captured Saddam couldn't do it. I believe it was the right thing to do in both instances and I'm ever so proud of them for their actions.

Reply to
Bill Woodier
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

It is said that the test of the character of a man is what he does when no one is looking... I know you don't need me to say it, but, you my friend, are of the highest quality.

Kaliste Saloom (IPMS #30703) Lafayette, LA USA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

Damn Al,

You are one tough and smart SOB. Good for you man.

Reply to
David O. Garcia

Reply to
Casey Tompkins

I dunno about all that but I can be stubborn as hell when I know I'm in the right.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

When I wrote, "American Soldiers are too disciplined to shoot enemies that are clearly in the act of surrendering." I should have made it clear that it applied to all American military personnel.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Dont feel bad.

In 2000 I lost my license and went to get another one. Even with a birth certificate I could not get one, yet if I only had a green card I COULD have got one. Needless to say I got VERY upset at this and then got politely escorted out of the DMV by a state trooper.

Couldnt get a new license, but finally did find mine.........

Reply to
AM

.308 holes Leave invisable souls...........................

Reply to
AM

Not to be too anal but wouldn't it read better if:

"Invisible souls leave through .308 holes"?

Just a thought... ;-)

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.