German E-50 Tanks

did these things enter service? this Flakpanzer version looks like a possibility, but not if its an Luft '46 armor thing.. see first kit on the cybermodeler list.

thx - craig

Musicman59

No, none of the E series tanks saw service. Only the E-100 was actually advanced to prototype stage, and it was canceled well before completion. E-50 and E-75 were paper projects. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens

Minor problem was the would have torn up the roads, destroyed bridges if they even fit on them. Sunk into the mud, and so on. Always wondered what Herr Porsche was smoking...let alone fuel, just amounts of steel needed. That's one of the reasons only 2 Maus were built.

I've found on Google photos some scratchbuilt models. Soon as I saw the sketches on the Internet, it was, this is a neat scratchbuild. Somebody beat me to it.

Reading some of the V-2 sites, there were problems getting the V-2 convoys around some of the roads, bridges and turns. Supposedly you can see where they scraped through some tight bridges and narrow roads on some small village streets. I could imagine these behemoths.

Might be fun to do a diorama with some Sturmtigers though. Up against M-3s and Shermans.....seige of Berlin, no doubt Japanese had plans, so could be invasion of Japan with Marines going against them...

Reply to
frank

thx much. saved me some $$$$$

Craig