God Save the King?

Hello,

I swerved into a MP3 recording of the British national anthem, God Save the Queen, on the internet. Really a beautiful anthem - well performed too by whoever recorded the MP3.

My only question is if at once we wish to save the Queen, what about the King? Don't we want to save him too?

JW

Reply to
JW

When the Queen is the reigning Monarch there is no King (like now). And when the reigning monarch is a King (like when Prince Chuck takes over from his Mum (sorry, Mom for the Americans)) then the anthem becomes 'God Save the King".

Cheers, Billy.

JW wrote:

Reply to
Scotts Billy

"god save the queen she ain't no human bean she may be a moron god save the queen we mean it man 'cause there is no future in england's scene."

-sex pistols

'

You left out "potential h-bomb"...

Reply to
Rufus

... if he hasn't died of old age. Might have to go to Prince Bill's firstborn. Let's face it: QE2's mom lasted a century, so QE2 could go

110.
Reply to
Scott Lowther

Somewhat OT- when the Sex Pistols were all the rage, a friend of mine's mom and stepdad went on a trip to Limeyland. She saw God Save the Queen on a jukebox and racked it up, then had to put up with the stony-faces stares and rude comments from the locals. She honestly didn't know it wasn't the dignified version-

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Found a similar recording of the old Soviet national anthem, again a very beautiful and stirring piece of music. pity about the regime that went with it.

Reply to
Umineko

and of course "Phil the Greek"... N

Reply to
Nigel Cheffers-Heard

As will every ship in the Royal Navy, etc. etc....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I am not sure I want to know that but why "the Greek"? Pavlos the GREEK Modeller

? "Nigel Cheffers-Heard" ?????? ??? ?????? news:260720030749218946% snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.co.uk...

Reply to
Pavlos the Greek Modeler

Look up the history of the Greek (imported) Royal Family. Phillip is a cousin IIRC.

Reply to
Jeff C

He's the son of Prince Andreas of Greece, grandson of Georgios, King of the Hellenes. Mother was a Battenberg ( anglicized to "Mountbatten" during WWI by the English side of the clan so that the locals would forget the affinity ).

He was born on the island of Corfu, Greece.

Couple of links:

The Potts Family Tree

Edinburgh, Prince Philip Mountbatten, duke of

Cheers!!!

BobbyG

Reply to
Bobby Galvez

Apparently one doesn't have to live in Arkansas to marry one's cousin. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

It's illegal here in Arkansas. Has been for quite a few years....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

just ask queen victoria. cousin, shousin, he's the czar!

Yeah. The Soviets only massacred millions of their *own* citizens....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

my point was that it is an insane system that 7-10 times almost cause war by accident. you don't give an idiot a loaded gun. our idiot's won the cold war. sheer freakin luck. history has always been the story of short sighted psychos pesueing their personal goals.

Response A: Better there than here. Response B: The only reason why the Soviets failed is because they didn't try hard enough.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

No, it didn't. MAD *prevented* war from happening a billion times between the fifties and the nineties... every time some Commisar thought what a neato thing it would be to strike frist at the US, the annoying fact of his immanent demise stopped him from acting on his own.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

a little research will show you that we almost started the war accidently 7-10 times. don't know about the sovs, they admit to 6. it was a lousy system that worked by accident.