Got Mine....

Ok...I get the feeling I get to start this off this month. If not, school me...

I got my April Squadron flyer some time last week (it was in the mailbox when I got back today). I normally don't do 1/144, so I hpe Trumpeter will do that 80cm "Dora" railway gun in 1/35 someday.

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus wrote: : : I got my April Squadron flyer some time last week (it was in the mailbox : when I got back today). I normally don't do 1/144, so I hpe Trumpeter : will do that 80cm "Dora" railway gun in 1/35 someday. : It is not Trumpeter, it is from a company called "Soar Art Workshops". Google them, they offer a very nice looking 1/144 Yamato. Hopefully the 80cm Super Heavy Railroad Gun will be as nifty.

I am curious as to the interconnects for the two sets of railway carriages - clearly there has to be some give here, given that the only traverse method was to put a radii in the tracks, which would mean there had to be some method to allow the railway carriages to "slip" due to the different radii, yet still hold the two primary bridges (the ones that have the trunions) parallel.

I am not aware of any Krupp documents that survived that discuss this area. For that matter, I think the whole model is built off of some rather poor photos. Not that that will stop me, of course...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Italeri announced a limited release at Nurnburg in 1/35.......

Rufus wrote:

Reply to
Ron Smith

Actually, I thought it was from Fujimi...what I was saying is that I'd LIKE to see one from Trumpeter in 1/35.

Reply to
Rufus

Chuck started one last Friday.

RobG

Figured I was a late bloomer...but I was gone for a week - might have got it last Friday...;)

Reply to
Rufus

heres the link to the 1/144 Yamato

Daryl