(AIR) strange games

Well, the June Squadron flyer rolled in today. On the page in the back where they advertise coming attractions they are listing a 1/48 scale Handley Page Halifax from Fonderie Miniatures. What is this strange game that FM is playing? It must be 5 years ago they first hinted at a 1/48 scale Short Sunderland, then a couple of years ago we heard that a 1/48 Dornier Do-24 was in the works and now this Halifax BS. I wonder if the FM people are just floating rumors to see what kind of reaction they will get as a sort of market research game. Any comments out there?

Bill Shuey (certified flying boat freak) who would love a 1/48 Sunderland

Reply to
William H. Shuey

FM advertises the following 1/48 kits with color illustrations of the box art in the current (#151) issue of the French magazine Replic:

Lockheed PV-1 Ventura Breguet Br.1050 Alize Dassault Mirage IIIR/RD Piasecki H-21 Republic F-84F Thunderjet Republic RF-84F Thunderflash Handley-Page Halifax Mk.III

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

1/48 sunderland would be cool. so would the hallie. bet they are both vaporware.

Sinifer made one, carried by Squander; wonder if they have any left? I doubt Squander would post the pic in the flyer and call it an upcoming release without firm evidence they'd be produced. I'd sure like to own one and I'm willing to wait. It's gotta be better than Mach 2 right? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper