Good times

Hi Troops:

I'm sitting here with a cold one and reading the latest Squadron flyer (yes, it finally arrived). It strikes me we are living in good times for modellers. I am seeing 1/48 scale injection molded kits for aircraft I would never have bet on being kited, except maybe in vac-u-form or short run resin. Czech Models is releasing a 1/48 scale Douglas F3D-2 "Skynight". They already have a 1/48 Grumman Goose kit out (one is in my stash already) and I understand a French company is also getting ready to release a 1/48 Goose. Roden, having gladdened the hearts of all the 1/72 scale modellers of World War I kits with a big selection of excellent efforts is now starting on us 1/48 W.W.I modellers. That Viper engined SE-5 is a beauty. Fonderie Miniatures 1/48 Lockheed PV-1, hard on the heels of their Martin Maryland kit. And they are promising a 1/48 "Halibag" yet. Eduard's new 1/48 scale Mirage IIIC Profipack kit is also a real beauty. You can give the old ESCI kit to the kid down the street. This Polish Mirage outfit is covering the whole Pulawski fighter line from the Polish PZL stable. I just picked up the P-24B in Bulgarian markings from that series and the Polish PZL-11's and the Greek P-24F and G are allready in the stash. Between Eastern Europe and China, it's a great time to be a modeller (but boy, is my budget taking a beating). And this is just 1/48 which is my chosen scale. The 1/32 scale guys are getting many goodies and I won't go into "Braille Scale" (1/24). 1/24 is strictly for guys who can afford to build a museum wing on to their house! :-) As I say, it's a great time to be a model builder.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Not to mention the plethora of aftermarket details and conversions along with well researched lines of paint.

Now, if 1/24 is "braille scale" and 1/48 "the one true scale" what are the other scales called? Who's got the list? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

i'm jonesing big time for the hali kit. i want to do the ac that dropped the guys into b-m to kill heydrich. i've not found any pics but there must be some. it will be a year's model budget for me, but damn, a 1/48 halifax. life is indeed good, bill.

1/72 is the rabbit scale. (damn things keep reproducing!) 1/44 is the migrane scale. (can you see that?) 1/64 is that damn lindberg scale 1/96 is that other damn lindberg scale. 1/350 is real navy scale 1/700 is wet migrane scale anything else is wierd scale.

Yup, never been better. Thankfully my wife earns enough money to keep up with the priecs.

Rob Stay at home dad and National Guard Bum

Reply to
Robert Skipper

I thought that was in Czechoslovakia? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yeah! If they sell enough of the Halifax we may finally see the promised 1/48 Short Sunderland and maybe the 1/48 Dornier Do-24 as well.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

i was being sarcastic. the protectorate of bohemia-moravia.

where in the hell would i put that sunderland? i would have to buy one.

Not hardly! Thanks for your service.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I agree. I did almost 3 years in the National Guard while in college until I was commissioned into active duty some 18 years ago.

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

...not one, but two LCM-3 Landing craft in 1/35 scale, plus 1/72 scale versions of the LCM and LCVP. ...two versions of the DUKW in 1/35 ... multiple versions of the LVT in 1/35

Reply to
RC Boater

1/144 -- "I hate aftermarket cockpits' scale 1/72 -- The One True Scale 1/48 -- the Dark Side 1/32 -- Braille Scale 1/24 -- Guide Dog Scale

Or anyway, that's how I see it.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Someone finally gets it ;-)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Ummm... Perhaps I should clarify-I don't mean to say I'm a bum because I'm in the Guard, or mean it in a derogatory way. It simply means the Guard is my only job. It takes up quite a bit of my time-the only limit being how often we can take my two year old daughter to her grandparents. After the Afghan deployment, which all told was eleven months, I've spent four months on active duty this year, either going to schools or a short deployment to the PI. I figure it's not fair to an employer to taker another job with that sort of absentee record...

Reply to
Robert Skipper

I know. My reply was a pre-emptive strike against any scum that would dare to denigrate the service of Guardsmen...

Reply to
Al Superczynski