Revell Mirage 2000c

Does anyone know whether the new 1/72 Mirage 2000 from Revell Germany is a new tooling or is it a re-box of the Italeri kit? Gary.

Reply to
Gary Warwick

i took a look the other day, engraved panel lines and looked great.

I had at home the Ital ones but couldnt compare next to each other, is the ital raised detail?

I forget things after 30 sec anyway so cant tell you anything about it

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Look on the side of the box for the Revell Inc copyright information. If the kit says it was made in Italy, it's probably Italeri.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

I believe Heller makes one and Revell has re-popped some Heller kits.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I think I could just about manage to figure that one out on my own thanks. I don't have a box to look at.

Reply to
Gary Warwick

FWIW: The 1/72 Heller and Airfix Mirage 2000s are from the "same" mold. The Airfix & Heller Mirage 2000C single-seat aircraft are the same kit. The Heller Mirage 2000B and 2000N two-seat aircraft are also the same except for the inclusion of fuselage and cockpit provisions for a second seat.

I also understand the the 1/48 Airfix Mirage 2000B and Heller 2000C are also the same kit with differences for the 2000B second seat.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Gary,

it's the Italeri kit. Nice as it is, the Heller kit is much better shapewise - I believe Italeri mixed up the fuselage length with and without the pitot tube, throwing off wing sweep angle etc.

Cheers,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek