Re: Grumman Amphibians newsletter/magazine

> I am currently researching and compiling information for a > newsletter/magazine that I want to start called "Grumman Amphibians." > It would contain photos, information on different Grumman amphibs, > production lists, individual histories, stories from pilots and > mechanics, and anything else pertaining to these aircraft. > > I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a publication > like this and if you would like to be contacted when I have it ready > to go. My plan at this point is to offer it first as a newsletter. > After I have built up a good subscription base, I want to go to a > quarterly magazine format. Let me know your thoughts on this and > thank you very much for your time. >

As an follow on to this, I have the new 1/48 scale kit for the Grumman Goose amphibian with the radial engines. I have been told there is also a kit out for the smaller Grumman amphib (Widgeon??) that had two in line Ranger engines. Anybody have any information on that kit.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I just finished the Airfix Widgeon.Basic older kit with a few fit problems.Comes with USCG decals.Mine was in a USAirfix box.Pretty cheap on evil-bay.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Done in 1/48 by Signifer. Check their website at:

HTH Andy

Amphibians."

Reply to
Andy Macrae

Thanks for the URL; I've never seen one quite that involved for a home page! Apparently they spell it with a "G" which Squadron left out IIRC. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Thank You, Andrew!

Bill Shuey

Andy Macrae wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I can understand their confusion. In a couple of places in the web site (halfway down the home page for one) they refer to themselves as Sinifer. Go figure.

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner