Great research site

The online version of the evening paper back in my hometown, the Albuquerque
Tribune, had a great link to the Library of Congress. There is a collection
of COLOR (and B&W) photos from the depression era through WWII on the home
front. The great thing is you can put in search criteria for generally what
you are looking for.
As a fun test I tried "aircraft" and was greeted with 80 color photos of
various aircraft under construction or in various states of "undress." So
you can get some good views, in color, of parts typically unavailable.
Good thumbnail (you do have to open this first from a list) and then can
expand that one more time as either/or an uncompressed jpg/tiff image.
Hope this helps some others.
Reply to
Rich
And that link would be?
Reply to
Al Superczynski
in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Al Superczynski at snipped-for-privacy@deadspam.com.invalid wrote on 12/14/05 4:17 AM:
(a tough Google search)
Pip Moss
Reply to
Pip Moss
Yeah, and I am sorry for forgetting to include it in the original. I also tried to immediately follow up, but hit the wrong button. Hadn't had my coffee yet. Thanks Pip Moss, but I can go one step further for anyone who missed my origninal post:
OK... grovel grovel grovel
Rich
Reply to
Rich
And I'm sorry for not reading ahead, thus posting a snarky reply. I sent out a cancel right away but unfortunately those generally aren't honored by news servers anymore... :(
Reply to
Al Superczynski