grey for german uniforms

Hi

I was just wondering what colour do you use for german uniforms 1944-45

My local hobbystore is quite small, so I only have acces to Humbrol and Tamiya

Per

Reply to
Per Kristensen

The color is "field gray," which is medium gray with a tinge of green to it (as I've been told.) During WWII production the fabric color could vary widely, most paint producers settle on a medium gray with less green. Tamiya's XF-65 should fill the bill. Here's a link:

hth

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Going from memory, I think you want Humbrol 111 for that. Tamiya equivalent has already been pointed out.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

"Rob van Riel" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Humbrol 111 and Tamiya XF-65 are colors that are named Field Gray.

However, if you go ahead and use that, and than try to add shades and highlights, it will look wrong. You can find a nice description of how to work with this color in a few books by Verlinden. Also, Tony Greenland I think has a book which covers a bit of Field Gray shading.

It's one of the most difficult colors to work with.

Reply to
Herbert Ackermans