Hasegawa 72nd E-2C

Mine just arrived, and it looks to be an excellent kit. One question... what is the circular device in the belly, just aft of the cooling unit? I've seen it on the real planes, but never discovered what it was.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

I assume you are talking about the Hawkeye 2000 boxing of the kit? The JASDF boxing of the kit has a plain belly insert instead of the one with the bulged disk in the Hawkeye 2000 kit. I'm curious about this myself.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

There's a review here that mentions the bulge but not what it is. Just Hawkeye 2000 specific.

Curt

I've since found out that it's part of the Hawkeye 2000's Cooperative Engagement Capability

See Page 5

Davw

Reply to
Dave Williams