help required

Hi, Quite new to collecting 1/18 diecast cars. I'm looking for assistance in sourcing replacement alloy wheels and tyres etc, and advice on modifying, repainting etc. I may be in the wrong place, but can anyone recommend where I should be asking? I'm based in the UK, looking for a good online resource, a modifying FAQ if you will.

Anyone?

Reply to
tomScotland

In general, aftermarket supplies for kits would work fine. The problem with 1:18, however, is that there are few if any kits in that scale, so there is unlikely to be much aftermarket stuff available.

You can use scale-independent stuff, like hose material and such.

I suggest you consider another scale, such as 1/24/25. That is the main car model scale and there is tons of aftermarket stuff available in that scale, including lots of wheels, tires, etc.

This group is also fine for repainting stuff. Hang here for awhile. As long as metal is properly primed, it can be painted with any of the popular model paint types.

Oh, also consider 1:43 scale. A lot of collector die cast available, and while not super popular in US there is a lot of kit activity in Europe in that scale, and it does have SOME following in US. Not as much aftermarket stuff as 1:24/25

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Reply to
Falcon Guy