Highlighting white wheel wells

What do folks here do when detail highlighting white wheel wells? If you drybrush, what color(s) have been most effective? What about pastel chalks? If so, what color(s)? Thanks...

Reply to
David E. Young

Not really "highlighting", but I add grime. I use a wash of burnt umber over the white. I use enamels exclusively.

Reply to
Rufus

First, don't paint them "white" to begin with. They are on the underside of the aircraft, so despite being "officially" white... they are *not* white, as they will be under some shadow. Try a very light gray. Dirty up the "more shadowy" areas, and then dry-brush with a pure white, if you wish.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Reply to
Ron

Reply to
Daryl

Great suggestions. Thanks to all who replied.

Cheers, David.

Reply to
David E. Young