Hobby Lobby...

Hey.

Went to the local HL today after seeing on the website that they're having a 30% off sale on plastic models. Upon further inspection many of the model kits had new price stickers added. Buyer Beware.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922

Stephen Bierce

They do raise them, but not for sales. That sticker shock is the same at the hobby shops for new stock of those kits, which may be old--that IS the retail price now. But when I worked in a store, we took the old sticker off--less of an insult to the customer.

Reply to
tomcervo

tomcervo wrote: : : They do raise them, but not for sales. That sticker shock is the same : at the hobby shops for new stock of those kits, which may be old--that : IS the retail price now. But when I worked in a store, we took the old : sticker off--less of an insult to the customer. : Working in my grandfathers hardware store in the 70's was the same - about every week, the 1 lb boxes of nails had to be remarked. Remove the old sticker, if possible, else mark it out with a permament marker.

What a pain in the ass. Oh, then price the new boxes of nails, and load them into the bin first, so they sell last. Glee!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Ours has been doing that for 2 yrs now. I don't buy anything model related anymore unless it is on the 35% off or yellow tagged.

Reply to
chuck ryan

We finally had a HL open in our region. After hearing the great things from the posters here I tried them out; got a lot of diorama supplies, paint and even a couple of kits. But when I asked them about the bargin bin, all I got were blank stares. What's the story with that and where should I look?

Reply to
The Old Man

on 11/23/2008 10:50 AM The Old Man said the following:

The store is too new to have a bargain bin?

Reply to
willshak

The one that opened here had a markdown section 2 days before the grand opening. The stuff is shipped direct, not taken from the counter, unless it's counter damage or discontinued. Look down toward the end of the right hand wall, or (rarely) on an end facing the back of the store. I usually clip the weekly 40% coupon and carry it in my wallet in case I'm near the store, but the stock never seems to change. You might change your mind on something, but the prices even with the coupon are a bit higher than the old kit shops.

Reply to
tomcervo

they don't seem to make as many good mistakes either. good for the buyer, i mean. must have been a chain-wide wise up.

Reply to
someone

patience, i bet.let them break in.

Reply to