Humbrol Acrylics - what's the story?

Many years ago I purchased a number of Humbrol Acrylics, which were new to me at the time. I still have them and I like them a lot, I find them very easy to work with. Unfortunately I only ever purchased a small number of them and now would love to get more, but they seemed to disappear from all the hobby shops that I've visited in recent times.

A friend of mine in Newcastle (Australia) is telling me that Frontline Hobbies there are now displaying a new range of Humbrol acrylics (and also Lifecolor acrylics, another paint range that I can't seem to find anywhere in Melbourne).

Are these new, new, as in new from Hornby? Or have Frontline just dug up some old stock from somewhere? Just what is the story with the Humbrol Acrylic range any way? And what about Scarecrow's brain?

Bruce Melbourne, Australia

Reply to
Bruce Probst

Hi Bruce

You might want to try The Model Place in Lonsdale St between Elazibeth St and Swanston St or Hearn's Hobbies in Flinders St.

Reply to
Rusty Gunn

Apparently, they're not terribly good -

's not a massive surprise, as the old range was nowhere near the standards of the rest of the pack. Don't think I'll be abandoning Lifecolor just yet.

flak monkey

I was in The Model Place on Friday afternoon, they certainly had no new Humbrol stock there (or at least nothing but the usual dusty range of enamels). Ditto for Victorian Hobby Centre in Swanston St.

I haven't been into Hearn's Hobbies for a while ... of the three stores in Melbourne's CBD, they tend to have the poorest range of stock. Although to be fair I wasn't looking for paints the last time I was there.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Probst

As I stated in my original post, I have found them to be very good, over a decade after I purchased them. That's why I'd like to lay my hands on more of them ....

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Probst