Jagdtiger Want to Place it In Accurate Diorama

HI,

I understand that the Jagdtiger never made it into the Battle of the Bulge. Did it fight the Western Allies at all. The only thing I am sure of is it was involved with the fighting around Budapest. I want to place the 1/35 kit in an accurate diorama For that matter I have been thinking of doing trhe little Fujimimone just for contrast.

Sincerely,

Big Al,

Baltimore

Reply to
AlbertCherer

Al, The Jagdtiger was used on the western front in the spring of 1945 and fought the allies in several different places, mainly in defense of Germany. There are photos in the Concord book "US Tank Battles in Germany" by Steve Zaloga that show abandoned Jagdtigers near Neustadt an der Weinstrasse, Paderborn, and Bad During. I believe all of these are in the Ruhr area of western Germany. If you can get a copy of this book it would be really worth your while as the photos are great and they'll give you lots of material for doing dioramas. I hope this helps. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Ron wrote in news:42C9524A.3FA8B472 @rcn.com:

surrendered

Battle of the

thing I am sure

want to

I have been

contrast.

I read somewhere that JagdTigers made really good raodblocks when out of gas. Park it on a road, damage it sufficiently so just adding gas won't work and split. Supposedly nothing we had could move them.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Pretty much, there are a few photos showing this kind of thing. We did manage move a couple using a number of tow vehicles.

Reply to
Ron