Jo-Han Chrysler Turbine

Does anyone by chance have one of these kits that might be damaged in some way? I'm looking for the motor and drivetrain to put in the TV show Batmobile. I know theres like 3 or 4 on Ebay right now, but hate to ruin a kit as nice as that for just the motor and drivetrain, well maybe the frame as well if the wheelbase is the same. Hoping someone might have one where the body is damaged or fenders missing.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris

There's a good chance that the kit might eventually be reissued by the new JoHan models. If you're in no hurry you might want to wait a while and see if Okey is able to pull it off.

Al Superczynski

Thanks for the info Al, I'm not in to big of a hurry. Just wanted to grab one now before the price of the turbine gets high, especially if Okey doesn't do a reissue. I don't care about paying 15 -20 bucks for it but considering what I want to do with it, I was trying to get away cheap.

You don't happen to have one do you? Curious to know how many inches the wheel base, center to center, on the mopar turbine versus the batmobile. From center to center on the Batmobile its about 4 3/4". Its the Jimmy Flintstone body with opening hood.

I have the frame, suspension and drivetrain off the old Monogram 71 Satellite which fits as far as wheelbase. Really didnt want it to have a 440 motor, although one of the Batmobiles built had one if I remember right.

I thought it would be pretty cool to use a model of a real turbine under the hood.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks for checking...

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Chris this sounds like a fantastic idea. Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

No problem. BTW, the Turbine was a unibody and the bits of 'frame' appear to be part of the floorboard.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Yes, let me know if you still have everything, That would be great!

Chris

Reply to
Chris

On my (stalled) Batmobile project, I used a Lindberg '53 Ford frame. My logic was that since the original car was built from the Lincoln Futura show car, it would have underpinnings similar to a production Ford of about that time period.

The project is stalled while I try to build up enthusiasm for masking and painting all those blasted red stripes. It'll be my second try.

Steve H

Chris wrote:

Reply to
snh9728