JU52 DECALS

I HAD DIFFICULTY WITH THE REVELL 1/48 JU 53 DECALS STICKING AND HAVE A NEED FOR AFTER MARKET ONES. DOES SOMEONE MAKE ANY? ALSO WITH THE CORRUGATED SURFACE WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD OF PLACING THEM? TANKS GILL

Reply to
GIvask

whats wrong with your caps lock?

Reply to
someone

Nothing....as his "caps lock" appears to be working very well...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

i shouldn't be cranky with aohell folks, they don't get any direction.

Reply to
someone

I'm not terribly knowledgable about 1/48th supplies but I see in the Squadron catalogue that Techmod has decals for the Ju 88. Maybe you can adapt them along with some codes from the spares box? As far as laying them down, I'd suggest Solvaset and patience. Corrugated surfaces are always difficult to get decals onto.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Isn't AOL kind of like a legal virus? A friend had that for awhile and wanted to switch to Earthlink. AOL had sunk into the operating system so deeply it wouldn't allow a change. IIRC, he had the thing back to the shop to have it wiped and reset.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Was that one from here? I knew I sold it, just forgot where. I tried the original Airfix decals - Ha! not a chance! Tried some Microscale decals and got mixed results. Then I went to Letraset. I had some success there but over the years they peeled off. I should have firstly gloss-coated the paint. The waterslides would have worked a little better. In either case a flat coat to seal the markings should have been applied. It's one of those things one learns over time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

no, i bought it ten years ago. i went through 20 years of buying a kit here and there and never getting back in. i had seen finished models at the afm and got frightened by how good they were. then i got a lindberg he 162 and thought, hey cheap kit for practice. now i build for me and will probably never compete.

Reply to
someone

you jump started my return to modeling in the kindest way.

Reply to
someone

Well, somebody out there now knows the story behind mine. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

once again working hard for that Sr. grade!

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

AHHHHH the pain the pain....please turn it down....turn it down Ahhhh................

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit