King Kong models

Am I correct that Aurora never attempted a King Kong kit?

I've watched the 1933 and the 2005 movies in the last two nights. Seems to me that someone needed to offer a model of the original Venture. It would be lot of fun to build, complete with the cage for the critter.

Reply to
mholt

this is Aurora's attempt at the big monkey - quite an interesting interpretation I must say

Musicman59

Right, it was one of the first of their "big" monster kits -- came out as a near pair with Godzilla in electric green.

Later (and a very rare kit for years) was the "King Kong's Thronester" hot rod.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

If you look at photos of the 1933 stop action scenes when Kong first meets Fay Rae, the original Aurora kit does not look that different from the movie photos.

Polar Lights reissued the Aurora King Kong kit a few years ago.

Reply to
rgronovius