Kits of the Battleships on Battleship Row at Pearl Harbor?

anyone know if all the BB's (in the same scale) were made/are available ??? and I guess the Neosho too.

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

Short answer - yes. Long answer might be a little more complicated. Read on.

Arranged by class, the ships are:

NV/OK PA/AZ - PA was not on BR but in drydock across the channel. TN/CA WV/MD/CO - Colorado wasn't present at PH.

Another noteworthy PH vessel is the repair ship USS Vestal moored alongside the Arizona.

Word of caution, the PH survivors, especially the ones outboard that bore the brunt of the torpedo attacks were heavily modified upon return to service. We're talking extensive hull and superstructure modifications. Of all the ships present that day on BR, I think it was the USS Maryland that rec'd the least amount of damage and the least amount of reconstruction. For the others, you will want to be clear that you want to buy versions before and as close to the Pearl Harbor date of attack as possible. And while each ship was different, where one ship of a class is not available, you should be able to substitute a sister ship with modifications and attention to details.

Check this site out.

It's not laid out very well, making it hard to find info based on ship name. I would suggest keying in the name of each ship in the Find feature of your browser. I tried a couple and they yielded results in 1/350 and 1/700 scale.

That should get you started.

Good luck

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Reply to
Ron Smith

If you're willing to settle for wargame scale, certainly,

Check these folks out:

Should be able to put a complete set of 12/7/41 battleships together out of the stuff they offer. And the Neosho too - though I don't know if the Vestal is available.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Reply to