lanc-manchester bash

I haven't seen them (I bought and built the Centaurus version,) but if the Vulture Tornado conversions are accurate, the production version would be wrong because of the nose-mounted radiator. If the prototype Vulture conversion is in the early version, it would be very close, but the later prototype version is nearly identical to the production. I suggest you contact Aero Research ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com; (775)

746-8615,) which stocks these conversions; they ought to be able to tell you how the prototype radiator bath is configured.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

thanks, i will after bill s gets my email.

Many many years ago I converted an Airfix Lanc to Manchester using a conversion article in Airfix Magazine. As I recall it was necessary to carve the engines from balsa wood, also the tail section. Reduce the wing span by removing the tips and thining the section, not at the wing root. May be someone has the article archived somewhere. The project is though very do able and an interesting one as I recall.

Reply to
David Amos

Ah! - those were the days - carving from balsa wood, clear dope & talcum powder, beer at a shilling a pint, football in the park, pullovers for goalposts............

Where has it all gone ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Whilst still in the world of yesteryear there was also a radial engined version of the Lanc. Back dating the Airfix Halifax provided the radial engines. Another easy but interesting conversion.

Reply to
David Amos

Reply to
David Amos

That would be the MkII version produced in case there was disruption to or shortage of Merlin engines, just looked at the article in the 1978 Airfix Annual. God that makes me sound sooo old. I will try and scan the article and could get the plans I have somewhere photocopied as well if there is not to much demand.

All the best

Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Alastair Macfarlane

i'd love a copy.

The Best info on the Manchester - Lancaster - Lincoln family of bommers is a book published by SAM Publications under the heading Modellers Datafile 4. Their web site is

they have a great range of books building up. They dont tell you how to do much in the way of convertions, but they do have a fantastic list of all the acessaries they new about at the time of print, that includes two vac form kits of the Manchester and one conversion kit other than the Paragon one, a comprehensive list of decals is also included as well as detailed photos and reprints from technical manuals too. I hope this is of use.

All the best

Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Alastair Macfarlane

Can you send me an e-mail please "e" as when I tried to send one to you it was returned :(

All the best

Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Alastair Macfarlane