LF: Instructions for Darth Vader Tie Fighter

I have an old MPC/ERTL Darth Vader Tie Fighter kit, number 8916 but unfortunately, it is missing the instructions. If anyone has the instructions and can email/fax/snail mail them, please let me know. Or if anyone knows of a source for these instructions, I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

-- CC snipped-for-privacy@rand-family.com

Reply to
starwars

I have a set I can scan and send to you. Just shoot me an e-mail and I will scan them. My scanner has been acting up (8 yrs old) so it may take a bit.

RobG

Reply to
RobG

two words, rob. thrift store. i have seen many nice CCD (!) scanners for 5-10 bucks. ccd is the best, the new super cheapies are not ccd, so finding an older one can be a real score. if you need help finding drivers, me do good. i may even have a spare if you want it for the cost of shipping. also, give me you make and model, perhaps updated drivers or firmware will help. i have time to play geek this week.

I've got an HP ScanJet 4100C. I think it is mechanical rather than software related. I can hear the belt or whatever gets the light to move under the glass. It sounds like it is slipping or the gears are popping inside. It takes several tries before the light makes the entire cycle to scan.

Reply to
RobG

you can fix that! they are very somple mechanisms and easily repaired. pull off the glass cover and you'll see. if you need assistance. just ask.

Instructions are on the way. Let me know if they do not make it to you. RobG

Reply to
RobG